These large public events present unique production opportunities and challenges. Golf Canada must cater to multiple constituencies including: the public, the sponsors, the media, the broadcaster, the tour, and the players, all subject to the weather.
- Yearly Men’s Canadian Open Tournament Media Room and Opening and Closing Ceremonies
- Yearly Women’s Canadian Open Tournament Media Room and Closing Ceremonies
- Created and maintain an EPK (Electronic Press Kit). Footage from this has appeared on TV and other media
- Manage social media accounts for live streaming: Facebook Live, Twitter, YouTube Live
- Social Media Videos for Instagram and Facebook, including ProAM highlights, Volunteer Tribute and Fan Experience.
- Flyover video of golf courses (drone)
- Audio system around the golf course as needed
- Organized satellite link with Global TV to bring in player interview from Calgary for Team Canada (Olympics)
- Media events with Golf Canada’s Corporate sponsors and Charities
- Annual General Meeting – Large banquet with break-out rooms
- Media Days – Corporate audio visual support
Partner with the client early in the planning process to determine the parameters for the event to ensure a smooth execution with a minimum amount of oversight, respecting that their focus is elsewhere during the actual event. This includes making the Media Centre a comfortable, professional area for the Players to conduct interviews; providing broadcast quality audio and video for the Media; and ensuring any a/v equipment and staging throughout the Tournament grounds is placed appropriately for the public in attendance to enjoy.
Provide many technical services, including webcasting, same day video production for social media, drone footage, in addition to audio visual, staging and technical production support.
Working outdoors is always challenging because of unpredictable weather conditions and there is the need to provide infrastructure like AC power, stages, large PA systems and Internet access. Golf Canada relies on VVC to adapt to changing conditions and requirements to provide as seamless a production as possible.
VVC is proud to have worked with Golf Canada, (formerly Royal Canadian Golf Association) for over 40 years and to have grown with them to align with and support their evolving needs.
Burke Van Valkenburg Jr.